Sunday, May 05, 2013

Pregnant Me doing my part for the GE 2013

Today is Malaysia's 13th General Election!!! So excited and proud to see our election day featured on the Google Doodle first thing this morning :)



I, of course, used the same strategy I did 5 years ago... Instead of flocking the polling center at an ungodly hour so early in the morning, I went at 3.45pm as I know that's when the crowd and chaos would have cleared out. Plus, I'm pregnant and the last thing I want is to stand in line waiting in the heat and I try my best to avoid crowds as much as possible.

And the strategy worked yet again. I was in and out of Sekolah Kebangsaan Bayan Baru within 5 minutes!!! 

No queue whatsoever - and, most importantly, the end justifies the means - I did my part in casting my vote with two big "X" (one for Parliament; one for State Assembly Representative) for my area! :) No hassle there ~ easy-peasy!

The only hassle was having my left index finger swabbed with blue indelible ink (apparently, a necessary act to prevent double voting). Hate it cos whatever ink stain that remains from just a quick water wash, it smudges even when you wash your hand and if you're not careful, like me, you'll have ink stains all over your face too. *comot*

 Water wash/rinsing with soap didn't do much in removing the indelible ink...

 ... Thankfully, when I got home, dipping my finger in Clorox got most of the ink off!

Yeah, it's about time for dinner and medicine for pregnant me while following the General Election results on TV!  

Will there be change??!!?? Well, let's watch and find out together-gether...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment