Saturday, May 25, 2013

38 Weeks Pregnant

Well, here I am at 38 weeks, 1 day gestation and still heavily pregnant! 


The little pre labor incident from last week turned out to be just Braxton Hicks/false contractions after all (as much as they hurt), and over the last couple of days, I've not had any consistently strong contractions - only what feels like abdomen tightening and increasing back aches. Still anxiously awaiting the official signs of super strong, consistent and close contractions, the show and water bag break before the actual panic starts...

Anyhoo, since I'm still pregnant, this means that we can still continue with our weekly ultrasound appointment and we went this morning like always.

As of today, (Week 38 - Day 1), the little munchkin's fetal stats are:
- Heartbeat: 128bpm
- CRL: 34cm+ (with her head fully engaged, it's hard to get even an estimated measure)

- Head Circumference: 34.7cm
- Weight: 3.4kg


Although the placenta is covering most of her face, you can still see that she's just slept so peacefully...
No rush, no stress. Just enjoying the moments before she enters the world.
At this angle, her nose does look like daddy's more than mommy's. Daddy must be thrilled! :)

I have seriously been keeping to my Ob/Gyn's orders for plenty of bed rest the past week and remained as stationary and rested as I can. Maybe that's one of the reasons why the little one may also be taking her own sweet time. She's much more relaxed these days and enjoying it! :)

As much as the prediction from my Ob/Gyn that it can be anyday, anytime now that the little munchkin's head is strongly engaged, I asked to be discharged from hospital on our anniversary so that Kevin and I can enjoy my last moments of pre-parenthood and pregnancy in the comfort of our home. She allowed this of course, since we like 5 minutes away from the hospital and as long as I remain fully rested with minimal stress. 


Yay! This also gives me the opportunity to do some last minute preparations for baby and top-ups to my hospital bag, as well as some further reading on breastfeeding and childcare from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment