Sunday, May 19, 2013

A letter to my soon-to-be-born daughter

Hi my sweet little honeybun! I'm your mommy, and you are my precious little "charming" miracle. You have been brewing in my belly for the past 37 weeks and I'm so very blessed that I was chosen to be your mommy! 


You are still a little munchkin, even though you have blossomed so much in my belly over the last couple of months, and I can still feel you kicking every day. Some days you kick more than others; some days you punch and tap more. On days you go quiet (which is not so often) I do get a little worried that something's wrong and just hope that you are just sleeping soundly... which is usually the case.

Wanting to be a mother, your mother, has been on my mind for the past two years. You are my greatest dream realized and I still can't believe it'll become a reality very, very soon. 

I have to admit that I feel very anxious about the prospect of being a mother, and good mother, and having responsibility for another life. There are moments that I worry that I may fail you in some ways, but when I think back, I should not worry so much as I have a wonderful role model of a mother (your grandmother, my mother) who has taught me the meaning of unconditional love, even till today... and I promise to do the same for you.

You're not even born yet, but you have somehow made daddy's and my life so complete and wholesome, do you know that? You've filled us with so much joy, excitement and magical moments from inside the womb over the past 9 months. I'm sure you already know this by now, having been inside me and hearing all the buzz of everyone awaiting your arrival, you're so loved my darling (and you're not even out yet!).

From the moment I saw the two pink lines on the home pregnancy test (as faint as the 2nd line was that first time, it was definitely enough to make my heart skip a beat), I knew I loved you and will always love you more than life itself. I felt on top of the world! Finding out that you were growing inside of me, that was the BEST NEWS daddy and I received last year, and your timing is simply impeccable!

We can't wait to welcome you into the world very soon, my darling. You have an eager family all over the world awaiting your arrival too... and believe me, you will be treasured, celebrated, admired and loved dearly (just like mommy!). We will do anything and everything to protect you. We are already head over heels in love with you, sweet baby girl! :) After all, you are the first grandchild for both mommy and daddy's immediate family.

I know your EDD is June 7, 2013, but mommy would love it if you make it into the world on May 23, 2013 (which marks mommy and daddy's 4th wedding anniversary)... Ummm, that's only a couple of days away. Do you think you can make it then? It would make the date extra special for sure, but that's just mommy's secret wish...

We will let you decide which date your birth day will be and we will anxiously be here to welcome your arrival. In the meantime, we will wait patiently for you, and keep enjoying those precious moments and chats with you while you are still on the inside...

I hope and pray every single day that you are healthy and will not come into this world with any difficulties - after all, the world is already a hard enough place to live in these days. Even if you do, daddy and I promise we will step up and face the challenges for your sake, to give you the best life that you so deserve.

Come to us as you are, my sweetheart, and come to us when you are ready.


Thank you for the joy, blessings and love you have given both daddy and me while in the womb, our little queen! We are so in love with you and you have not even taken your first breath yet; and with every breath you take after that, I pray that you will always feel our love.

Just don't keep us waiting too long and please remember our deal? During labor, all mommy has to do is make that one big sneeze of a push and you will come crowning out... *winks*

I hope you're as ready to join our little family as we are for you precious darling! I can't wait to meet you and hold you in my arms. See you soon, sweetheart! :)

With all my love, now and forever,
Mommy  

No comments:

Post a Comment