Sunday, May 12, 2013

Celebrating My 1st Mother’s Day While Pregnant

Is it wrong for me to feel like I deserve to celebrate this year's Mother's Day like every other mother even though I haven't given birth and am not a "true blue" mommy yet?

On one hand, I feel like I don't deserve it yet, but on the other hand, I feel like I do deserve it cos I have been loving, growing and nurturing the little "gift of life" inside me for the past 36 weeks... Today seems like such a appropriate occasion for me to cherish all my blessings and look forward to be becoming a family. It's no longer going to be just Kevin and I - baby's gonna make three. She's going to make us become an official family unit!

Regardless, we did our usual Mother's Day routine celebration with our moms. Kevin, Elaine (my sister-in-law) and I took our moms out for a Mother's Day treat. But of course this year's celebration was extra special as it was not just the five of us. We were also joined by the little sweetheart growing inside of me, who thoroughly enjoyed the food and other guilty pleasures of the day (I can tell from her endless belly taps and what seemed like hi-fives for mommy).

Lunch at Chilli's, Gurney Plaza with our moms.

 Followed by dessert at Swensen's, Gurney Plaza... Banana Crumble and Earthquake. Yummy!!

I can't wait for next year's Mother's Day for when the little munchkin officially joins our yearly celebration in the flesh and I can truly feel worthy of celebrating the day as a true mother (and not just a momma-to-be)! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment