Saturday, May 04, 2013

35 Weeks Pregnant

At exactly 35 weeks today, with just 5 more weeks to go, IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!!

I finally feel EXHAUSTED, HUGE and just TOO DAMN PREGNANT to do anything. 


It's also the first time I ever felt like I had to drag myself out of bed (belly and all) on a Saturday morning for our weekly date with our little munchkin at the hospital for the usual 4D ultrasound and checkup. Same goes for Kevin too! We both just felt so drained for some reason this morning, but we still made it to the hospital in the morning... which was of course super crowded!

As of today (Week 35 - Day 1), the little munchkin's fetal stats are: 
- Heartbeat: 140bpm 
- CRL: ~34cm
- Weight: ~2.7kg

She's gonna be like mommy and daddy - with thick hair :)

Looks like she's trying hard to open her eyes...

At the visit, I expressed my concern to my Ob/Gyn about having a big baby, especially since my little munchkin is growing much faster these days and I can feel the pull in my stomach weighing me down... and, not forgetting, the pressure/strain on my back! 

Nevertheless, my Ob/Gyn says it's nothing to worry about as baby is pretty average in size and flashed me her growth chart (and her stats are aligned with the standard growth scale). Phew!!! That is good to hear and see :) In fact, my Ob/Gyn estimates her weight to be about 3.5kg at 40 weeks.

Good news is that she remains in head-down position again today... Yippee!!! (She's been head-down since the past couple of weeks.) I guess she is currently in "Ready, Get Set" mode, but mommy keeps reminding her "No go, no go yet"... it's not time yet. At least let us hit 36 weeks before she starts prepping for the "Go". So far, she seems to be listening to mommy and has not stepped further into "engaged" mode yet... Good girl! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment