Monday, May 13, 2013

Diaper Bag Dilemma

The problem with living in Penang, Malaysia is that there are not many options when it comes to cool diaper bags. 

I am on the hunt for something of quality, functional and looks pretty fashionable - of course! It should also last at least for a couple of years. I came across a couple options at a couple of maternity stores, including Mothercare, Peekaboo, Mom's Care... but nothing there really captured my attention. 

Hence, I started my online research on a range of diaper bags available over the past couple of months...

=======================================================================

My top favorite picks are:

1) Skip Hop Studio Diaper Tote 
    Price: US$90
    Video Review
    Features:
    - 14 pockets & zip-top closure (big enough for most laptops) 
    - Zip pocket protected by Agion antimicrobial lining
    - Two roomy insulated side bottle pockets 
    - Quilted cushioned changing pad
    - Water-resistant inside & out 
    - Snap-down front pocket that enables hanging a blanket/bib underneath 
    - Nickel feet to keep the base of the ground & scuff-free 
    - Hangs neatly on a stroller & can be worn over the shoulder 
    - Contrasting lining that makes it easy to find what you need


I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this in either Indigo Dot or Pewter Dot!!! It's super stylish and seems to be incredibly functional. This would be my 1st choice for diaper bag. It's just so me! :)

The biggest bummer about it is that neither Skip Hop or Amazon delivers to Malaysia, for some reason. I've been trying to find other alternative online outlets that sell this, including eBay. There were two sellers. One actually stated clearly that they do not deliver to Malaysia (...and why not?!?); the other, the shipping fee seems to cost a bomb (...hmmm, maybe that's why they don't deliver to Malaysia). *sigh*

2) Ju-Ju-Be Be Prepared Diaper Bag
    Price: US$180
    Video Review
    Features:
    - 2 exterior insulated bottle pockets
    - Structured bottom with luggage feet
    - Unique main zipper closure systems for easy access
    - Color coded tabs to know which pocket is for which child
    - Tote handles can be tucked away and hidden when not in use
    - Full zip-down mommy pocket for super access
    - Picture pocket to keep photos handy when bragging to friends
    - Teflon - so stains don't stick
    - AgION Anitimicrobial Linings - kills germs, mold, mildew, fungus, bacteria etc.
    - Memory foam changing pad
    - Crumb drains 
    - Metal hardware
    - Mommy pocket
    - Light colored linings
    - Quiet magnets
    - Bottle pockets

 
I really like this a lot, especially in Shadow Waltz, as it's super spacious (yeah, cos it's meant for twins). I can stuff plenty of things in this, but sadly, this one's way off my budget.

3) Skip Hop Duo Deluxe Diaper Bag
    Price: US$58
    Video Review
    Features:
    - Zippered compartments that are easy to reach and with perfect depth for storing diapers 
      and wipes
    - 3 magnetic closures (main pouch and two front pouches)
    - Side pocket with Velcro closure
    - Side mesh pocket with locking drawstring closure - perfect for water or baby bottle
    - Removable, adjustable strap
    - Handle for carrying without shoulder strap
    - Clips on to stroller
    - Easy to clean interior
    - 2 interior pockets
    - Includes on-the-go cushioned changing pad     

 
I have a soft side for the color red (and pink of course) so naturally I love either of the two blush red/red variations. Comparatively, this is one's more on the affordable price range that my other favorite pics.

=======================================================================

Nevertheless, from the looks of it, I don't think I'll end up with any of them anytime soon and may need to settle for one of the cheaper options that are available and sold in Penang. 



Perhaps I'll just settle with one the free bags that I received from the hospital first (like the one above) - at least until I can hunt down my favorites (or close to favorites).

I've also asked a couple of close friends to keep an eye out for the availability of Skip Hop Studio Diaper Tote and Ju-Ju-Be Be Prepared Diaper Bag in Kuala Lumpur and Singapore, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed in the meantime...

1 comment:

  1. I am in love with the skip hop studio diaper bag- I like it more than my purse! There are a lot of pockets and it fits perfectly on a stroller. Great post!

    ReplyDelete