Tuesday, April 02, 2013

My Overprotective Fetus

People keep telling me that back pain is very common during pregnancy as the curve of your spine and center of gravity shifts as your baby and belly grows bigger. These changes will definitely put stress on the back leading to pain and discomfort.

Well, serious bad backache has definitely started since the past two weeks.

Lucky me - I have a loving husband who gives me good back massages every night. But a few days ago, I specifically requested that he massage my back alot more stronger than usual and to just drum his knuckles into my back with great force. 

I was moaning in satisfaction throughout as it just felt sooooo good that I did not take much notice that the baby was pushing and kicking a lot more while all that was happening. I just felt like I was in heaven from the great massage so I didn't really think much of it...

But guess what happened the next morning??? *drumroll please*


Yeap, daddy's knuckles were badly bruised when he woke up in the morning and it hurt like hell for about 4 days. *ooopsy* Kevin refused to massage me after that, in fear that our baby may think he's hurting her mommy again and he gets bruised again.

So, mommy had to explain to her overprotective little munchkin of a fetus that daddy was only trying to help mommy, not hurt her... At the same time, I also had to persuade and convince my hubby to continue the forceful massage on my back as it was just too good to stop now...

Amazingly, it worked! The little munchkin understands now that daddy was not hurting mommy. Perhaps it was my moaning that threw her off, so from now on, I just moan in silence. As long as she does not hear mommy's cry (which she probably thinks to be "cries of pain"), daddy's hands/knuckles are fine! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment