Thursday, April 18, 2013

'em Pesky Piles

At this late in my pregnancy, just when everything seems to be going smooth sailing, I just had to experience sore piles.

Also called hemorrhoids, piles is an agonizing condition caused by irritation of veins from the rear end. They are awful! Hurts so much and now I'm wondering if the swelling will stay on and affect me over the next couple of weeks until I go into labor. I sure hope not!!!

I did my research on this and I should stock up on my fibre intake and consume lots of fruits/vegetables. That's basically all I had been doing the last couple of days...

At the same time, I also picked up a couple of tips from friends who have gone through this and they recommended a couple of tips to ease the discomfort:

1) Soak in warm water several times a day. This is absolutely soothing.
2) Dap don't wipe when cleaning that area.
3) Apply coconut cream to the infected area. Apparently this works wonders.

The worst for me was when I started bleeding! Yeah, that scared the crap out of me as I was not sure whether it was just because of the piles or what. At that point, I was concerned that the baby will be affectd so I went straight to my Ob/Gyn as I did not want to take any chances. The bleeding was because the piles burst.


In addition, she prescribed me medication to help my little "piles" situation. 5 continuous days on both internal and external applied medication, morning and night, I now feel as good as new!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment