Friday, May 22, 2015

My Kinda Rush

I've been eyeing it the past two years. 

I did all the primary and secondary research on it, to the extent of personally speaking to people who have had prior experience with the compact SUV that I have my eye on. 

I'm convinced I found my next perfect road companion (no offence to my 5-year-old Perodua Alza), so in December 2014 (yes, last year), I pursued it.

Unfortunately, and also fortunately, for me that before the deal was sealed, there was news that a newer edition would be coming out in mid 2015, so even after my bank loan was approved, I waited anxiously for the release of the new Toyota Rush. After all, what's the "rush" right? Geddit? :)

Earlier this month, the latest Toyota Rush arrived and I was the first to check it out.



I love that it has:
- such a great view from the driver's seat as it's much higher than the other cars I've owned.
- a much curvier/sexy outlook than the previous version
- bigger/bulkier tires
- power retractable side mirrors (beats having to wind down the window and do it manually)
- additional row of seat at the back that I can easily "add on" if we have additional passengers (especially thinking ahead that in a few months, one row will be occupied with two car seats - where's my mom or any other passengers going to sit?)
- ample space on the inside, but is still not so wide or long in terms of size (easy for me to maneuver)
- dual blower air conditioning system (means Keira will not get hot when seated in her car seat)

All the points above seem more of emotional attachments, I know! That's because they are my own personal reasons. The most important thing is that I've been wanting it for some time, I had my heart set on it, I finally saved up enough to buy it (and paid the down payment with my own hard-earned money saved over some years, not any one else's money) and am happy with the commitment to motivate me to work even harder to pay the monthly installments). Last, but definitely not the least, is because I LOVE IT! I love everything about it! :)

I chose the black color of course. Although the champagne color was very enticing, I think the color would fade in due time. Too bad they do not have it in red, otherwise, I would have gone with red. 

And... sold!!! 

So, we bid farewell to my old Perodua Alza...


Then went to drive home my new Toyota Rush today.



The rest, as they say, is history (although my old Alza will forever remain in my heart)!

1 comment: