Saturday, May 16, 2015

Keira Visits Her Other Dadima in KL

Tok Lala (her actually name is Latipah Bee, but everyone calls her Lala for short) is my late grandmother's younger sister. She resides in Kampung Cheras Baru, Kuala Lumpur.

I have a confession to make... I have not visited her home in over 20 years. I think the last time I was here was during one of her children's wedding that that seemed like a lifetime ago and I was only in my early teens. 

So when the opportunity came that my mom, daughter and I were in KL while my hubby was busy with work, we grabbed the chance to take a taxi over to Cheras from our hotel at Traders KLCC to pay her a "surprise" visit earlier today (May 16, 2015), on this part sunny-part rainy Saturday afternoon.

Amazingly, I could still recognize her house as the taxi approached it as it still looked the same as I recalled it, for what seemed like a gazillion years ago.

Our visit provided Keira the opportunity to also bond with the family. 



Their neighborhood has tons of cats in the neighborhood, so she was in meow-heaven during the 2-hour visit counting cats and playing with her new partners in crime, Intan and Fadillah, and completely forgot her rule of thumb - to stick close to mommy when in a strange new place.











Of course, the courteous little munchkin that she is, she gave Tok Lala (or Dadima, to her) a butterfly kiss for her kind hospitality before we left. Such a precious moment! :)



Intan and Fadillah insisted on dropping us back to the hotel, which also gave them additional fun time with their new best friend, Keira.


Kevin was of course busy with work when we got back to the room, so we went ahead with the gals and took the buggy to KL for dinner, walk-about and shopping at Suria KLCC. And what fun we had! :)



 


No comments:

Post a Comment