Thursday, April 23, 2015

#TBT: My karaoke competition days!


Came across an old photo of me in action during The Heritage Club Karaoke Competition in Penang. 

This must be at least 10 years ago, during my so-called late-night, party girl days! 

If I'm not mistaken, I was singing "Baby One More Time" here. Went right in to the finals, but I did not win the competition though.

I learnt an important lesson during those days competing in such competitions - there's no chance to to win such competitions unless you have a troop of supporters who are avid drinkers, spending lots of $$$ on booze. Then your chances of winning is much, much higher!

But I was not there to win as I don't drink or smoke, nor do I have an entourage of drinking friends accompanying me. All I had was a small entourage of less that 5 people and neither of us drank or spent much money on the drinks. 

I was mainly there to build my self-confidence and test my skills in singing on stage in front of a crowd. Most importantly - my performance was great; I had such a blast on stage; and I LOVED the attention!

I miss those good old days!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment