Sunday, July 19, 2015

Salam Aidilfitri 2015

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri

from our growing family to yours!







This year's Hari Raya Aidilfitri celebration has got to be the quietest one ever. For one, I was hospitalized just a few days before and in need of bedrest. Good thing my OBGYN was kind enough to give me concession "time off" to be home for a few hours during Hari Raya. 

Not forgetting the fact that I am 36 weeks pregnant at this point (and am way too tired to do much visitations or hosting), whereas the rest of our family decided to pack up and celebrate this year's Aidilfitri overseas.

We still kept with traditions, no matter what. The four of us paid our respects to family members who are no longer with us by visiting their kubur on Raya eve.


On the 2nd day of Raya (July 18, 2015), Kevin and I had a couple of friends over for a simple and yummilicious homecooked dinner, specially prepared by my Masterchef mom, so that our kiddos can have Raya playdate while we adults caught up and ate. 



Although a number of friends were out of town and unable to make it, those who could pop by (with their kids) had a blast that evening. Then it was time for me to head back to the hospital.

1 comment: