Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Blacked Out and Hospitalized

I blacked out at office earlier today. 

Blacking out all of a sudden at 36 weeks gestation can be a little scary and should not be taken lightly. Which is why it was a good thing a few of my colleagues were around our usually "empty" office today and one of them helped send me to the hospital after I gained consciousness.

The diagnosis - hypertension and high blood pressure, causing the black out. Apparently, I also have some contamination in my urine causing urinary tract infection.

In other words, my body is also signalling me to cut down on my work and stress levels and start taking care of myself better if I want to stick to my all-natural birth plan.

I was immediately admitted for further monitoring and tests, and pushed into one of the labor rooms - strapped to the CTG machine to check on my baby's fetal heartbeat as well as signs of contractions.





No comments:

Post a Comment