Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Bringing Baby Home - Eight Days After Birth

Yay!!! I received green light from my Ob/Gyn for my discharge today. So did baby Keira Eliza ~ her paed gave the go ahead to take her home today since her jaundice level has subsided (<100). 

This is definitely great news, especially since we've been cooped up in the hospital for about a week already, and all baby has "seen" during the first eight days of her life were what lied within the hospital walls.

"We're taking you home today, baby!", was what we whispered in her ear as we checked her out of the nursery this afternoon. 

All babies have their own Health Record Book and this one's baby Keira Eliza's, given to me during check out.
I must say that I'm very, very impressed with the book as it is so detailed and enables tracking of all baby's injections, developments etc. Apparently, this book needs to be brought to every checkup and also presented to the government nurses for when they do their routine baby checks/visits to the house for them to fill out at every visit.

It took us a while to get her checked out as all the nurses on the 1st floor wanted to say bid their farewell to her. They have all grown fond and attached to her during the past week ... A real princess I tell you, and that's what they all call her "Princess Keira".

According to the nurses, she is the only one (of the nine babies in total at the nursery) that is so well behaved - made no fuss (except when she's hungry) and is always smiling at the nursery. Hence, she was the iconic baby to be placed at the labor room window during the baby display time as people will just crowd around and look at her adoringly. Oh, my daughter's good! She's been well trained by mommy from inside the womb - definitely princess material! :) If only we had known of this, we would have charged them for displaying our baby by the hour *lol*

As if farewells at the nursery weren't enough, we were stopped by many other hospital staff along the way to the carpark too. Once we got to the car, the coast was clear and we headed straight home... our temporary home (my mom's place/our family home), that is - at least until I'm done with my 44 day confinement...

Sound asleep like a little angel in her bassinet on her 1st night back (at Grandma's during mommy's confinement).

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two little hands,
Two little feet.
We're happy to announce
Now our family of three is complete!
  
 JUST THE THREE OF US!
Our first family of three photo taken today, just as we checked baby Keira Eliza out of the hospital's nursery to take her home! :)
[Pardon my greasy hair look as I was told to not wash my hair until after I got home from hospital... Ish, of course I bathed (everyday too) - it was only my hair that I could not wash for the week.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment